Download the Prospectus
Now is the time to apply for a place in our Nursery for September 2015 intake. Book to view our Nursery now...
Welcome to Bursted Wood Primary School
We hope you find this website useful as it contains a wealth of
We are a larger than average Primary School Academy situated in the London Borough of Bexley. Our School is two form entry and heavily oversubscribed.
Ofsted last inspected the school in May 2013. The full report can be found by clicking on the ‘School Information’ tab. We are extremely proud to say that Ofsted deemed the school to be “Good with outstanding features”. They stated the following;
- The school’s motto ‘Care and Respect’ permeates all aspects of school life and is practised by all pupils and staff. As a consequence, attitudes to learning are exemplary.
- Pupils achieve well. Most pupils make at least the nationally expected rate of progress in English and mathematics, with many doing better. Leaders and managers have good systems in place to check on pupils’ progress regularly.
- Leadership is strong. Leaders have the capacity to make this an outstanding school. All staff are fully committed to raising attainment even further.
- Pupils take great pride in their school and they report that it is a great place for learning, full of polite people. It is enjoyable and ‘there is always something to look forward to every day’.
- Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding in lessons and throughout the school. They love their school and they feel safe. Pupils show determination, good concentration skills and enjoy a challenge. Their behaviour is excellent in the classroom and around the school, in corridors and in the
playground. They are polite, well-mannered and respectful.
- The overwhelming majority of parents and carers would recommend this school to others, not only for the quality of education it offers, but also for the well-turned-out young citizens it passes on to the secondary schools, who are very complimentary about the pupils coming from Bursted Wood Primary School.
(Ofsted May 2013)
We have received many awards including the Early Years Quality Mark, Primary Quality Mark, Artsmark Gold (for the fourth time) and the Inclusion Award. All staff in the school share the vision of an inclusive curriculum and are involved in realising it in day-to-day practice, and also in developing an International
If, after viewing our website, you have any questions or require clarification on any point please do not hesitate to contact us.